Welcome to Provence
From the healthy variety of museums, stunning vineyards and historic markets to an array of live entertainment and local events to wonderful restaurants serving up both incredible local cuisine and wine, the whole surrounding region to Fox-Amphoux provides virtually an endless selection of enlightening, entertaining and fascinating points of interest.
Local Village and Town Markets
- Monday: Forcalquier, Flayosc, Nice
- Tuesday: Cotingac, Lorgues, Aix-en-Provence, Saint-Tropez
- Wednesday: Aups, Salernes, Tourtour, Draguignan, Riez, St. Maximin
- Thursday: Villecroze, Greoux Les Bains, Aix-en-Provence, Les Salles, Tavernes
- Friday: Moustiers, Correns, Entrecasteaux, Sainte Maxime
- Saturday: Aups, Riez, Manosque, Aix-en-Provence, Saint-Tropez, Carces, Draguignan
- Sunday: Salernes, Vinon sur Verdon, Barjols, Regusse, Le Muy en La Croix Valmer, Baude
- Antique and Flee Markets: During the summer season (from May until October), the villages will organise regular antique and flee markets. We will be more than happy to inform you of these markets where and when they take place
- Active and Adventurous: Grab your walking shoes or your bike, and explore many of the regions amazing locations. Perhaps a walk to the Waterfall of Sillans la Cascade, or stroll around the scenic Bessillon, or visit the Gorges du Verdon for a touch of canoeing, rafting, climbing, or touring the area by horse back.
- Village Touring: Start your tour with a visit to the enchanting Fox-Amphoux village, then freely visit as many of the neighbouring villages as you please. Villages such as Aups, Cotignac, Salernes, Sillans La Cascade, Villecroze, Barjols and Tourtour not only have a local market in common they also share a unique historical architecture that can be enjoyed by foot or can be taken in by sitting in a small cafe / bar as you watch the world effortlessly go by.
- Food and Wine: In the Provence kitchen you will always find a lot of Mediterranean influences, from fresh and healthy herbs and vegetables, to locally produced olive oil and goats cheese. Naturally the region represents a lot of excellent wines that can be experienced directly at one of the many wine caves. Enquire about one of the fabulous restaurants or wineries that are at your disposal.
Call: 0033 4 94 04 28 94